If we are what we eat, then our skin acts as a mirror, reflecting our food choices for the world to see. Using the foods below in teas, recipes or on their own can help promote healthy skin.
• Lemon and hot water: Start your day with freshly squeezed lemon and hot water to help rid the body of toxins that can try to release from the body through the skin.
• Turmeric: This herb has been used for centuries to cure acne, reduce hyperpigmentation, brighten the skin, and fight free radical damage.
• Ginger: This root contains gingerol, a powerful antioxidant, which fights skin-damaging free radicals, promotes smoothness and even skin tone. It also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which help reduce redness and break outs.
• Cumin: These little seeds are chock full of Vitamin-E which keeps skin young and glowing. They also have disinfectant and anti fungal properties which help protect the skin.
• Cayenne Pepper: This spice stimulates the flow of oxygen and nutrient rich blood to the skin, improving both the health and look of your complexion.
• Essential Fatty Acids: Good fat is vital if you want healthy, smooth skin. Essential fatty acids, found in salmon or olive oil, build cell membranes, keeping toxins out and holding moisture in.
• Dairy: Considered to be a cold, damp food, dairy can leave the complexion looking puffy and prone to break outs. Try eliminating dairy from your diet for a few weeks and watch what happens.